3897823

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Grammar: What's/It's, I am/You are / Gramática: What's/It's, I am/You are ING.II

 

Grammar: What's/It's, I am/You are / Gramática: What's/It's, I am/You are

Explanation / Explicación

  • What’s = What is.
    Example: What’s your name? (¿Cuál es tu nombre?)
  • It’s = It is.
    Example: It’s my book. (Es mi libro.)
  • I am = Yo soy/estoy.
    Example: I am a student. (Soy un estudiante.)
  • You are = Tú eres/estás.
    Example: You are my friend. (Tú eres mi amigo.)

Using “is” and “are” in Statements and Yes/No Questions / Usar “is” y “are” en afirmaciones y preguntas de sí/no

  • Is (for singular subjects):
    Example: She is a teacher. (Ella es una maestra.)
  • Are (for plural subjects):
    Example: They are students. (Ellos son estudiantes.)

Yes/No Questions / Preguntas de sí/no

  • Is she your sister? (¿Es ella tu hermana?)
    Yes, she is. / No, she isn’t. (Sí, ella es. / No, no lo es.)
  • Are they your parents? (¿Son ellos tus padres?)
    Yes, they are. / No, they aren’t. (Sí, ellos son. / No, no lo son.)

Using Family Vocabulary / Usar vocabulario de la familia

Vocabulary / Vocabulario

  • Family: Familia
  • Mother: Madre
  • Father: Padre
  • Sister: Hermana
  • Brother: Hermano
  • Parents: Padres
  • Daughter: Hija
  • Son: Hijo
  • Grandmother: Abuela
  • Grandfather: Abuelo

Example Sentences / Ejemplos de oraciones

  • My mother is a doctor. (Mi madre es doctora.)
  • Your father is very kind. (Tu padre es muy amable.)
  • Is she your sister? (¿Es ella tu hermana?)
  • They are my parents. (Ellos son mis padres.)
  • My brother is a student. (Mi hermano es estudiante.)

No comments:

Post a Comment